21.8.09

There aren't any clever titles coming to me.

Another dream last night. What is that? Three, four nights in a row-not counting the past three months full of them. Everyone was at the river, lying on the rocks. He was eating a cookie, when there was one bite of it left, he handed to me. I took it because I didn't know what else to do.

What the hell?

I need to start doing cardio on my own time. Maybe I'll try to run a lap around the block tonight.

I don't want school to start. At all. And I'm going to have to ride the bus. Mornings and after. Which means no relaxing in the morning, or afternoons, always in a rush. But then I would only have to deal with them during lunch. That might be better. But still not preferred.

I'm not inspired lately. I want to paint something, but I have no idea. I try to write, but I feel like I'm pulling everything out of my ass. I started a project I was supposed to do for my friend's band months ago, but who knows if they're even still together. I want to go back to the ditch we found. The sky was amazing. So clear. When I looked at the sky last night I felt cheated. I had always thought I had such a great view from my little sidewalk, but then I learned I was wrong and now am no longer content. Hmph.

I want to run away somewhere, just for a week, before school starts. I want to go to the woods and just run. Hearing only rustling in the grasses, and skittering in the tree tops. Running and running. Feeling the mossy bark scrape softly across your arms as you brush by the trees. Your feet crunching in the dry, fallen leaves and twigs. Until you find yourself completely lost, looking up in search of the night sky only to find a canopy of branches. Your heart hammering with adrenaline, but you don't care. You're glad you're all alone, no where to be found. Somewhere you can just sit, and think, and only be interrupted by things that can't talk, can't fill your head with stupid ideas. Somewhere peaceful. Where you can ponder all the questions you've ever had, where you can decide whether or not this perfection could be made by accident, or by some unknown Creator. Where you can decide for yourself who you are.

2 comments:

  1. What do all these dreams of yours mean. what does the cookie symolize? maybe he gives you the last bite because he cares, maybe its because it shows he doesnt care. CONFUSING! anyways.. about running away for a week. I feel exactly the same! I swear. I really want to do that. we should. seriously! i loved that whole last part. your details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't know. It's like what April does, when she can't finish something so she gives it to me. But I don't always eat it, sometimes I throw it away. But why the fuck would I dream about him giving me a cookie? Why am I even dreaming about him?

    ReplyDelete