10.8.09

Last summer.

I miss the adrenaline, the fear, the adventure, the excitment. I miss running through the streets at night as fast as we could for no reason at all. Or the time we dressed up like joggers, so we wouldn't look suspicious. I miss the midnight walks to 7-11 with pocketfuls of change for cigarettes. I miss roaming the apartment complex meeting new kids, and helping the drunk ones up the stairs. I miss lying in bed pulling my hair out because I couldn't find anyone with a bowl. I miss filling up the neighbors fountain with shampoo, and taking a ceramic bunny from one yard, and putting it across the street in someone else's yard. I miss the endless Slurpees, and knowing the 7-11 workers and talking to them every time we went in. I miss the rush of getting in someone's car that we had never met, onlyheard of, and going all over town with them. I miss crawling out of window and landing 8 feet below on the ground. I miss making sure that I was never out past five in the morning. I miss going to Freddy's everyday for lunch, and hiding our bikes in the bushes to make sure no one would steal them while we ate lunchables. I miss my heart stopping whenever a cop drove by. I miss throwing soda out over the bluff by night, and climbing up to the cave by day. I miss your mom, and how nice she always was to me, even though I never knew her very well. I miss breaking into the pool with the apartment kids. I miss being out every single night of summer, and never getting caught. I miss the days before you had a car, back when we weren't confined to a mini van, with stupid music blasting so loud you can't hear the person sitting next to you. I miss shaking in fear over the thought of all the trouble we could get into. I miss my heart racing. I miss never being bored.

I live too much in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment