19.8.09

Question?

What does it mean, when someone you've been close to for over a year, in no sexual way at all, gets drunk with you, then goes on an adventure with you? An adventure involving exploring the cemetary at 11 pm, then getting caught by some old lady who thought we were trouble, and telling her we were just paying our respects, and having her apologize, then jumping the fence. Then finding a trail that led down to a ditch, with nothing exciting except the cattails that reached over my head, and the moist grasses that whipped at my legs as I walked through them, as well as the croaking frogs and singing crickets. Then stumbling our way back up the hill, which seemed much steeper than it did on the way down. Then taking another drink, smoking a cigarette. Then walking through an apartment complex only to find an exciting little play structure. Then, me being who I am, excitedly running to the top of it, and going down the biggest slide, almost falling sideways as I land. Then rushing to the swings together, looking up the whole time because the sky is amazing and all the stars are out. Then running back to the slide, then realizing my phone is missing. Then searching everywhere we can and not finding it. Then him inviting me to play tic tac toe on the highest part of the play structure. The tic tac toe board is actually focused more on math, so I choose to be 2's, and he chooses 3's, only to find quickly after that the middle square does not have the option of being a 3. Then laughing and calling it stupid. Then running back down the stairs. Then finding those things, almost like two cans with the string in them, one on each side of the playground, and telling him to go put his ear by the other one, then laughing (because you feel so ridiculously childish and happy for no reason at all, it's like the youth is seeping from your pores) and saying hello through it, with him then responding "Sierra's a little teeeease", in a sing-song voice. Then me immediately standing up and wondering what on earth I did to have him say that.

Oh dear.

I found my phone though, I asked a stranger to call it. It glowed under the swing.

No comments:

Post a Comment