22.4.09

The Outside Looking In.

Have you ever been in one of those rooms, the rooms they interview you in, the rooms that have that mirror on the wall, the mirror that is actually a one-way-window. I have. I usually feel like I'm in the room, being interviewed, but lately, I'm on the other side. I'm watching the people come through, and hearing what they have to say, but they can't hear me or see me. I'm invisable to them. They don't know who I am, what I look like, or whether or not I like long walks on the beach. They don't care that I'm listening, but they don't care enough to listen. The world has gone deaf and blind to me. I feel very small. Too small to be of an importance to anyone for anything more than a child's toy. That's what I am, a doll. A little useless doll. You can make me do whatever you want me to do, but I won't be your favorite forever. If you break me, there's super glue, although I won't look as appealing after.

No comments:

Post a Comment